February 15, 2007

Is Nothing Sacred?

Keep your outrage on high fellow cosmonauts as we learn today about….THE NEAT FEE!!!!!!!!! That would have been way better with an epic voice, but moving on. The majestic Ruth Reichl’s friend John (John Doe perhaps? Mystery solved!) discovered that when he ordered a nice drink without ice the restaurant charged him $1.50 extra. Why, oh outraged reader? Investigation has shown (not mine of course, I work on the backs of others) that because the ice takes room…they charge you for it. I’m thinking that you’re saving the place some ice, so the drink actually costs a little less, but logic tells me I should charge more for this. Its things like this that make my brain hurt and I have to assuage it bacon. Because bacon makes everything better, duh!

Looking at this I see a day on the horizon where we will be charged for the bread and water served at every restaurant. A day where oxygen itself will cost money to breath.

That may have been a little melodramatic, but you get the idea.

No comments: